Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Focus - Dylusions ink sprays

Hello and welcome to today's Friday Focus ! It's Sue here and today I'm focusing on Dylusions ink sprays and getting thoroughly messy ! What's not to like ?


Dylusions ink spray dyes come in the most vibrant colours and with the latest addition of the White Linen spray, they really are so very versatile.


I decided to do a journal page and show you the different ways you can use these beautiful sprays. I have found that a thicker quality card works well but not too porous as this sucks in the ink, and the colour, which means the vibrancy of the colour is lost. I started by spritzing different colours on to the card to give me a base to work on.


I then used the Wendy Vecchi Polka Dotty stencil and sprayed through it. While the stencil was still wet with the ink, I flipped it over and pressed it on to another area of the card. This way you get both the positive and the negative print, which you can see on the below photo.


I did the same technique again this time using the Yikes Stripes stencil.


As these inks react with water a great technique is to take a paint brush and a stencil and bleach out some of the ink using just water. You can also spray water through a stencil and blot it off with kitchen paper for the same effect.


The inks will also work if you want to stencil using Cut 'n' Dry foam and by pouncing the foam onto the stencil you get a really clear image.


I've also used the Wendy Vecchi 3 Flourishes stencil and drawn around the image with a white pen to make it pop. You may also be able to make out a faint image using the Tim Holtz Shatter layering stencil. To finish the background I used the Tim Holtz Splatters layering stencil with black acrylic paint.


This is my finished page ready to go into my journal. The lettering, apart from the word 'door', has been painted with black acrylic paint and then highlighted with a white pen. The word 'door' is made from letters cut using the WordPlay die, painted black and highlighted with white. The door image has been mounted on Sized Arch die cut and again I've highlighted the edges with a white pen.

The inks also make beautiful backgrounds for cards, and below are a couple that I made after doing this journal page.



 The bleaching effect gives a really subtle, ghost type image and is great to stencil or stamp over.


Combining strong colours really makes them pop and you can bring the colour scheme through to the rest of your project.

I hope you've enjoyed today's Friday Focus as much as I've enjoyed doing it ! As you can tell by the colour of my hands in the photo's it's a really fun product to use !

Remember as a Friday Focus product all the sprays will have 15% discount for this next week so a great time to stock up !

As this is the last Friday Focus for 2013, I would like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year !

Sue
x

9 comments:

  1. So inspiring Sue. Love the bleaching and the use of black and white to make the whole design come together. The sprays and stencils really are a match made in heaven. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your backgrounds are truly delicious ! Love the green card especially x hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sue! Love all that wonderful stencil detail and great mix of colors! Very inspiring and my order of stencil has arrived, so play time! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! I love (though sadly do not own) Dylusions sprays and you work is fabulous. The mix of colors and stencils is a treat for the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pages and your cards, Sue. The Dylusion dyes are so much fun to use. Your backgrounds are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic projects Sue! The colours of the inks are so vibrant and perfect with everything you chose to go with them, I loe them. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Friday Focus... the inks look so fantastically vivid, and the layers on that page are amazing, Sue. Brilliant cards too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete