Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Focus - Seasonal Distress Stains

Hi, it's Sue here and for today's Friday Focus I've been playing with the fabulous Seasonal Distress Stains! If you've used the Distress Inks in these colours you'll know how gorgeous and vibrant they are, and the Distress Stains are just as wonderful !


I've used the jumbo tags from Linda's Funkie Junkie store, these tags are great as they give you so much more space to play with and the quality of the card is excellent. I love blues and greens so decided to use these colours from the Seasonal Distress Stains.


I applied the different colours to the tag and I also added some Picket Fence, then spritzed it with water and let the colours run into each other.


I then used a Dylusions stencil and Peacock Feathers Distress Stains and stencilled the pattern with the stains.



I wasn't sure if it would work, but I'm quite pleased with the result !


I did some doodling around the stencilling and also blended some Seasonal Distress Inks around the tag. They blend so beautifully with the stains !


I did a little more stencilling, this time using Salty Ocean Distress Ink.


I then took some paper flowers and coloured some completely with Distress Stains and some I added splodges of Distress Stain and then spritzed with water and let the ink marble into the flower.


I used seam binding for the ribbon and different colours of Distress Stain.


Spritzed it with water and let the stains blend with one another.


This is the finished tag, I did some stamping over the background and some faux stitching around the edge. I die cut the bird cage coloured it with Distress Stains and stamped over it and added some Liquid Pearls. The little bird is made from shrink plastic and the little peg has been coloured using Distress Stains.

Here's another tag, this time using the reds, yellows and oranges, there's even some Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves in there !

I hope you've enjoyed this Friday Focus and remember that the Seasonal Distress Stains will have 15% off in Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique for one week.

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow I have to try this - tags look amazing - thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, your tags are beautiful, loving the vibrant colours. You are so right about Linda's tags, they are great quality and a lovely size to work on. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these tags are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what gorgeous vivid colors. Your tags are sensational Sue. Love them both, but the sewing room one is a knockout! Absolutely lovely work and a stunning Friday Focus. Now I'm off to set up the 15% sale on the Seasonal distress inks at The Funkie Junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors in both tags and stunning embellishing! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tags and tutorial Sue. Thank-you - Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you have used the stains and the masks on these superb tags Sue. Truly inspirational. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh Linda, they look amazing, your projects are fabulous really wonderfull colors and yesssss those products are just GREAT thank you for sharing sweetie xxxx Terry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag, beautiful colors!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. heavenly tags! I would love to sit and watch you create these...all those yummy layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in LOVE!!! Both of these tags are wonderful, and such perfect results with all these fabulous techniques and products! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tags and truly inspirational techniques with the distress stains. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tags!! I love all of the different layers you included on each of them!

    ReplyDelete